Are you ready for the new chip credit cards?
Posted on 1st February 2017 by Angel Gonzales
What is EMV compliance?
EMV is the global standard for credit cards that uses chips to authenticate and secure transactions. EMV provides a higher level of security, making it harder for scammers to commit credit card fraud.
As of October 2015, you need to be "EMV compliant", which simply means that you need to be able to accept credit cards with chips.
What happens if I don't become compliant?
If you choose to remain uncompliant, and someone pays with a fraudulent chip card, your business may be liable.
What do I need to do?
- Contact your credit card merchant and ask for your account to be set up with FirstData Rapid Connect
- Ask them to provide you with your FirstData Rapid Connect details, as well as your debit key or KSN
- Let them know that your account needs to be set up with "debit"
- Email the details provided by your credit card merchant to Shortcuts at email@example.com, along with your credit card merchant's contact details including phone, email address and representative's name
- Call your Shortcuts account manager on (714) 622 6659 to begin the setup process.
How much does it cost?
Some fees and charges may apply depending on your unique business needs.
What happens next?
Shortcuts will liaise with your merchant as necessary to ensure setup is successful.
How long will this process take?
This process can take 3-4 weeks, so it is important to get started as soon as you can.
I need help, what should I do?
If you have any questions or need help with this process, please contact our Client Services team on 866 678 7324.
Leave A Comment
- December >